Sunday, August 12, 2012

A New Way of Looking at Prayer

People always talk about how we don’t come to God in prayer enough during normal times, but we run to him when we are hurting.  But what if, at least for some of us, it’s the other way around? 

Sometimes I find myself running to Him every day, to chat, as if he were my best friend, sitting in the car with him, about whatever is going on that day.  I go on and on about what I’m thankful for, what I need help with, and just whatever comes to mind.  But then, when the bad times come, and they do, I often find myself shutting down, so absorbed in my hurt, pain, suffering, and grief, that I can’t even get off the floor to run to His open arms.  Am I afraid?  Angry?  Feeling rejected?  Will I ever know?  I must seek Him for the strength to run to Him.  He is my refuge.

1 Corinthians 14:15 What am I to do? I will pray with my spirit, but I will pray with my mind also; I will sing praise with my spirit, but I will sing with my mind also.

No comments:

Post a Comment